We work with the development and use of theories and methods for understanding and implementing sustainability in society. Much of the research is linked to life-cycle assessments (LCA), which is a framework for environmental analysis of products, product systems and services. Our research forms the basis for product development, environmentally-friendly procurement or policy design. We also work to develop the most precise and comprehensive methods of analysis, and research how the methods are used in innovation processes. At the forefront of research, we contribute to the development and application of new knowledge about organisations and management of sustainable innovation processes.
We conduct applied research and development in six areas:
- Energy and waste resources
- Food and packaging
- Buildings, construction and real estate
- Furniture and textiles
- Network-based innovation
- Tools for environmental documentation
We are interested in strengthening our teams within all areas of expertise.
Our project portfolio consists of long-term national and international research projects, also contract research in close collaboration with industry, business and decision-makers.
Your tasks will mostly relate to environmental documentation using LCA methodology within the above-mentioned focus areas (data collection, analysis and interpretation, reporting), also research dissemination and the development of future projects. For network-based innovation, tasks will be linked to analysis and documentation of how the innovation processes are organised and managed, the effects of this organisation and management, and the critical success factors (model development). For the area of tools for environmental documentation, a specific position is announced here.
- Graduate (at Masters or doctoral level) in a relevant subject
- Knowledge of LCA and environmental documentation
- Expertise / experience relating to innovation and relevant processes
- Good written and oral communication skills, in both Norwegian and English
We seek employees who are self-standing, who like to work with others, who take responsibility and who thrive in a challenging everyday life. We want to see that you:
- are creative and professionally engaged
- are results- and solution-oriented
- have excellent skills in communication and collaboration
- are able to work independently and systematically
- thrive with a variety of work tasks
- are responsible and focused on delivery
- are generally environmentally-aware and engaged
Ostfold Research offers
- a diverse and exciting project portfolio
- a positive working environment, competent and committed colleagues
- an interesting position with varied work tasks and excellent development opportunities
- competitive pay and conditions
- good pension and insurance arrangements
- premises in Fredrikstad and Oslo’s Research Park